Thursday, October 29, 2009

Lydia's Life Since EXCEL...

That's a lot to cover, Mother Teresa! Here goes nothing...

Christmas was (wow, almost a year ago?) very good- some extended family came down and we had a lot of fun together. And I relished being with my family more than ever before, after that eight weeks away.

After that, I was at EXCEL 32, so that took up a good part of the year. And was a great experience for me, to see how God can be everything. EVERYTHING I need, right when I need Him most.

Then, I had auditions for college. They went rather well, and I got a scholarship for piano, so I registered for Houston Baptist University. I was also invited into the Honors College, so I signed up for that, too.

My family then made a trip to Virginia to see my brother graduate from Patrick Henry College! This was a pretty short trip, but we made it up to Pennsylvania to see family afterwards.

This summer. Hmmm, what did I do this summer? Let me think. We stayed home, and I worked my horse really hard. I got to go to the American Paint Horse Association World Show with my sisters and mom, so that was fun. I also began teaching Santana reining with a trainer this summer. We went to baseball games, went swimming-- your usual American summer activites.

In early August, we went to Pennsylvania again, this time for a longer visit with family. (I have a great family! I got to show Abby pictures of EXCEL 32, and she gave me some more from 31.) After this, we helped my brother move in to his first apartment in Charlottesville, VA, where he is attending the UVA law school. It was fun to shop with my mom late at night for all of his neccessary pantry items.

When we got home from our trip, there was school to prepare for. I dove in full throttle, and God has been giving me grace to endeavor to do all I do with excellence. Which is hard to do- at EXCEL, there was plenty of support, but here, I must make myself be disciplined. "Oh, but I worked enough, surely it's o.k. to just do a little internet or watch only one episode of a TV show..." Aargh.

Do y'all remember what Mrs. Bell said about that passage in Psalm 84? That a day in God's courts is better than a million of my dream days? That has been on my mind a lot lately as I try to see God's will as best for my life.
"So if your dreams have turned to dust and ashes
And you can't do the things you wish you could,
Remember, God is wiser FAR than any mortal man
And He's working it together for your good."
I wish Christ was truly, always, and most importantly my treasure. My own self gets in the way so often.

Well, there you have it! Thanks for bearing with me... I can't wait for y'all's updates!

I am

Yours Still,

Subito

3 comments:

teresa's blog said...

Thanks so much, Lydia! I loved hearing about your life this past year and the path God is leading you on! Love ya!

Unknown said...

I am so glad you updated, it is so good to hear what you have been up to!

Anonymous said...

Faithie,
When are you going to update???
:-)
Subito