Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Melissa's perspective on Jehovah-raah

Jehovah-raah is the incredible Shepherd that cares for me. When I choose to follow Him, He replaces the mediocre in my life with something better for that time. Two examples from the past:

1. He provided an incredibly friendly cat when I needed to sell my goats. The day before all of my goats (the constant in my life for five years) left, a cute little kitten showed up on the fence.

2. When I decided to break a major soul tie that was unhealthy and awkward, He provided a better friend to replace the old relationship.

Another thing I've thought about with names of God: when the Bible says things like 'God is mighty' or 'God is faithful,' those are names. Immanuel, Mighty, El Shaddai, Faithful, Good, Merciful, etc.

1 comment:

teresa's blog said...

Thank you for sharing, Melissa! I had to think of your beautiful banner while reading this - it expressed this name very well with the goat by the water and all - praise Him for giving what is best! Love & miss you!