Saturday, June 13, 2009

Wow, it's been three months since I last posted! ~ Dixie

Yeah... sorry about that. I kinda lost track of time.
New stuff with me:
I'm 18 now, but then I think you all knew that.
My Argentina trip is 97% funded! Jehovah has truly been providing for me. I'm planning to leave my home on July 28th (originally the 29th, but we moved it up so I get some time in LA to talk over more stuff with my uncle and aunt before we take the 'long jump' to Buenos Aires.
Starting Monday, I'm goat-sitting for a friend for a week. I'm happy that I get one more shot at taking care of goats before I leave America.
I've been studying some of the old theology books in my parents' basement, trying to figure out exactly what I believe and why. It's so easy to forget that the point of it all is God and His love. Sometimes I get lost in the pesky details which lead to judging others. I tend to complicate the simple truths by over thinking them, i guess.

I'm still keeping the commitment to read the Bible for 10 minutes each day.

My graduation party thing is probably going to be on July 18th. If any of you happen to be in the Bay Area at that time, you're invited to attend!

Love,
Melissa

2 comments:

teresa's blog said...

so happy this blog had some movement again! =D I was going to post today - but was delighted to see you beat me to it! =D Glad to hear life is going well! love ya!

Anonymous said...

Mel
I really really wish that I was going to be in the Bay area this week.... Miss you!!!
Lydia